Portsmouth Aviation is a leading provider of thermal spray services in the South Coast. We provide a range of metal finishing treatments at our purpose-built facility to enhance the performance of your components.
Thermal spraying is a fast and cost-effective metal finishing solution for those that want a durable protective coating that can withstand the harshest operating environments. A thermal spray finish will extend the life of your critical components as it protects from corrosion, oxidation, fatigue and high temperatures.
If you’re looking for professional and reliable thermal spray services, get in touch with Portsmouth Aviation today.
Why choose Portsmouth Aviation for thermal spray services?
- Experienced team of professionals: Our team of in-house thermal spray specialists have a wealth of experience in a range of sectors including aerospace, defence, industrial and marine.
- State-of-the-art equipment and facilities: We’ve recently invested into a new 6m long and 4 meter wide Thermal Spray and Shot Blasting facility at our premises based in Portsmouth, Hampshire, which will allow us to protect and extend the life of any part.
- Extensive capacity: We have the capacity to thermal spray components in all shapes and sizes. We can apply a comprehensive list of coating materials depending on your requirements.
- High quality results: You can depend on us for thermal spray coating services that meet and exceed your expectations in terms of both quality and functionality.
What is the thermal spraying process?
The thermal spraying process involves using an electric arc to melt two wires which are then fed into a pistol and atomised by the flow of compressed air. This creates a coating that applies onto the substrate being sprayed. In order to avoid the risk of distortion, we use a twin arc spray which has low thermal loading on the substrate.
- Zinc and Aluminum can be applied to provide protection from wear and corrosion.
- An Aluminum based coating can be used for non-slip applications.
- Copper can be used for alloys with non-sparking requirements.
Benefits of thermal spraying
- Strong and durable surface finish
- High quality and cost effective
- Temperature is low throughout the spray process
- Durable and highly resistant to corrosion and wear
- Extends the lifetime performance of new components