The chromic anodising process is used primarily in the Automotive, Aircraft and Ammunition industries and uses a chromic acid solution which produces a very thin coating, typically 2-5 microns. This is a moderately soft coating but offers excellent corrosion resistance. Due to the nature of the coating the film has an open pore structure which creates an excellent surface key for paint application. This is the preferred process to use when an important factor of your requirement is to minimise fatigue loss.
- Parts that require paint or adhesive to be applied
- Parts which require corrosion protection
- Parts which require low levels of electrical resistance or insulation
- Parts which are required to be inert, such as those in contact with propellants or explosives.
- Airframe parts and aircraft components
- Widely used in military components
Our list of approved specifications available:
- Def Stan 03-24
- Hartzell 202A
- WHPS 077
- SAE AMS 2470M
However, if your product requires plating to a specification different to those listed above; please don’t hesitate to contact us in order to discuss your requirement.
As Metal Finishing experts we would be keen to have the opportunity to provide some advice and maybe offer a solution.