Aircraft and Weapons Integration
For many years Portsmouth Aviation has been heavily involved with the integration of weapon systems onto aircraft. Our Professional and well respected integration team has extensive knowledge of a wide range of aircraft and weapons system. Our team is made up of people from those with military, MoD and industrial backgrounds who have between them many years of experience gained on important projects. In addition to our own projects we have a proven track record of supporting and assisting the major Primes in all aspects of aircraft and weapons integration.
Our more recent activities include the integration of Paveway II / Enhanced Paveway 2 and the Freefall 1000lb Bomb onto RAF Typhoon; the expansion of the release envelope for UK and US weapons on export Tornado, and the provision of hardware and flight trials support to Eurofighter Typhoon partner Nations. Additionally, Portsmouth Aviation provides design, modelling, manufacture, certification and trials support of equipment.
Portsmouth Aviation has also became an Associate Member of the MoD Weapons Integration UK (WIUK) Team, in order to provide support for the future MoD Complex Weapons Integration Programmes.
Our range of weapons integration capabilities include but not limited to:
- Based on our high degree of experience and knowledge we are able to provide tailored weapons integration solutions for both new and legacy equipment
- As the UK MoD Design Organisation and Co-ordinating Design Organisation for 1000lb bombs including Paveway II /Enhanced Paveway 2 we have been instrumental in the development of solutions involving these weapons
- Our established and competent integration team provides a first class multi-National and multi-platform capability
- We are able to provide design, development, manufacture qualification and certification of test vehicles
- We manage, support and co-ordinate trials activities including ground fit, interface compatibility, test rig and air carriage trials, both in-house and external to the company
- We can provide structural and other analysis aimed at weapons life prediction
- We are a well respected partner and will be providing support on future weapons systems integration activities including Paveway IV and Enhanced Paveway 2 developments
- We have been instrumental in the selection of future warhead and fuzing options to meet emerging Operational needs
- We are innovators in warhead design and development to meet emerging capability enhancements and requirements
- By the adaptation of existing weapons systems we have been able to meet emerging Operational and logistics requirements
- Inclusion of environmental measuring sensors to obtain actual real life data, to be used to reduce integration costs and timescales